Where others see asphalt, we see opportunity.
A city isn’t just its buildings and streets – it is shaped by the experiences of those who live, work, and visit. Through placemaking, the Downtown San Diego Partnership seeks to turn public spaces into places that best meet the needs of the community.
CHARG and Downtown San Diego Partnership Release Cortez Mobility Study
The Cortez Hill Active Residents Group (CHARG), the Downtown San Diego Partnership and Circulate San Diego have released the Cortez Mobility Assessment and Recommendations Report. The report provides recommendations to improve pedestrian safety and increase mobility options in the Cortez neighborhood of Downtown San Diego.
The mobility assessment took place from July to November 2019 and included a review of existing documents, an online survey, neighborhood walk audit and a community meeting. In addition to providing short, medium, and long-term recommendation the document serves as a record of the community’s input and provides evidence of the community’s concerns and preferences.
Over the next year CHARG and the Downtown San Diego Partnership will begin implementing some of the short-term recommendations contained in the report and will take steps to identify funding sources for the medium and long-term recommendations identified. Continued involvement from the Cortez resident and business community throughout the implementation process will be imperative.
For questions regarding the Cortez Mobility Assessment and Recommendations Report please contact Sean Warner, Director of Community Enhancement for the Downtown San Diego Partnership at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Grow Urban – A Tree Planting Movement
- Gaslamp “Did You Know?” Utility Box Wraps -Phase 1 now installed along 5th Ave.between Market St. and Broadway
- Market Street Streetscape Enhancements – Includes new neighborhood banners, corner planters, and festoon lighting along the Marina District’s “Main Street”
- Columbia District Streetscape Enhancements – Includes utility box art, streetpole banners, custom corner planters, art inspired bike racks, and programmable festoon lighting.
- City Center & Columbia District Pedestrian Plazas – View the Request for Qualifications here
- Cortez Intersection Mural – Coming soon to 3rd Ave. & Beech St.
- Cortez & Columbia Streetblade Signs – Coming Soon
- East Village Utility Box Art Contest – Coming Soon
Ladies Who Paint Mural Walk
The Downtown San Diego Partnership’s Clean & Safe Program was proud to support the inaugural Ladies Who Paint Mural Walk. For more information about this exciting event click here.
Interested in partnering with us on placemaking events or beautification? We want to connect with you!