FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
When is the event?
Thursday, Sept. 8, 2022
5:00 p.m. | Check-in & Reception
6:20 p.m. | Make your way to your seats
7:00 p.m. | Dinner & Show
8:30 p.m. | Event Concludes
How will you ensure our health and safety as it pertains to COVID-19?
Our top priority remains the health and safety of our attendees, speakers and staff. By adhering to Covid-19 safety guidelines established by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local health authorities, we believe that we, along with our venue partners, can create a safe, welcoming environment for our communities to share the experiences they rely on the Downtown San Diego Partnership to provide.
To enter the event we will be requiring our guests attest that they meet one of the following criteria:
- You are fully vaccinated (i.e. two weeks or more have passed since you have received a single-dose vaccine or the second dose in a two-dose series); or
- You are not vaccinated, but you will obtain a negative COVID-19 test within the 72-hour period immediately prior to the commencement of the event, and will wear a face covering at and throughout the event.
What should I wear to the event?
Cocktail or business attire is recommended. We suggest bringing a jacket for when it gets dark. The event will be held on both concrete and turf, so keep that in mind when picking out your shoes for the night!
How do I get to The Rady Shell at Jacobs Park?
Visit: https://www.theshell.org/plan-your-visit/getting-here/ for directions and alternative routes to The Rady Shell.
Planning to park in one of the Downtown San Diego neighborhoods and in need of a ride to your destination, FRED powered by Circuit, can assist you, to learn more about the hours of service and area of coverage visit: https://www.ridecircuit.com/fred
Where should I park for the event?
There will be limited parking available on a first come first serve basis in the surface lot in front of The Rady Shell at Jacobs Park, which you can pay for by the hour. There will also be ACE Parking lots available at the Hilton Bayfront Parking Lot, Fifth Avenue Landing Parking Lot and Convention Center Parking Lot.
How will check-in work upon arrival?
Check-in will be placed at the furthest gate closest to the waterfront. Be on the lookout for event directional signage to guide you to the correct entrance. Tickets to the event will be distributed upon check-in, all you need is to provide is your first and last name at any of the check-in tables.
Will tables be assigned and when will I receive my table assignment?
Yes, tables are assigned and you will receive your table assignment upon check-in.
Will food and beverage be provided during the event?
Yes, each guest will receive a three course plated dinner and beverage. Water and coffee will be available during dinner.
What payment types will the bars accept?
Bars will not accept cash, but will accept credit card, debit card, and apple pay.
What is the smoking policy at The Rady Shell at Jacobs Park?
The Port of San Diego has designated Embarcadero Marina Park South (including Jacobs Park) as a Non-Smoking Area. This means that no lighted pipes, cigars and/or cigarettes (tobacco or…otherwise) are allowed in any part of the Park, including The Shell, and no such items may be disposed of in The Rady Shell except for in designated waste disposal containers.
- Is there accessible parking near The Rady Shell at Jacobs Park for patrons with disabilities?
- Yes, there is limited accessible parking, but it is not sold in advance from Ace Parking. The driver of the vehicle must be displaying a valid disabled placard to access this lot with concert tickets. When these spaces become full, eligible patrons will be directed to an overflow disabled lot nearby. As required by law, there are a limited number of free disabled parking spots in the peninsula lot, but these are often occupied by users of the public park and fishing pier on the Embarcadero.
- Is there accessible seating and accommodation available at The Rady Shell?
- Yes! Every section is ADA accessible.
If you have questions or concerns prior to the event, please notify the Downtown San Diego Partnership’s Events & Membership Team.
Kathryn Newstead, Director of Events & Programs: email@example.com
Kaitlin Payne, Senior Vice President, Membership & Events: firstname.lastname@example.org