COVID-19 Updates and Resources
The ongoing spread of COVID-19 has created an environment of uncertainty that is unprecedented in our region. We know many of you have been deeply affected by this pandemic, not to mention the concern many of you feel for your workforce and families.
As the voice of Downtown, we are happy to be a resource for our members and business community as they navigate implications to their own organizations, an essential service to our community keeping Downtown’s neighborhoods clean and safe, and a champion for the needs of our diverse neighborhoods.
In accordance with directive from health authorities, all DSDP events and meetings will either be postponed or conducted digitally until further notice. We appreciate your patience as we navigate any changes to our event scheduling, meetings and services through the Clean & Safe program to accommodate recommendations and requirements from the appropriate public health officials.
If you have any further questions, please contact the Downtown San Diego Partnership at 619.234.0201 and we will direct you to the appropriate information. To request Clean & Safe services in Downtown, call 619.234.8900 or text 619.414.2698. For homeless outreach services including the Family Reunification Program, call 619.501.9520.
This page will host the most up-to-date information on any adjustment to DSDP events and Clean & Safe services as it becomes available.
Installation Dinner, ft. KEVtalk (March 25, 2020) – Postponed
- March 12, 2020 Message from President & CEO Betsy Brennan
- Additional information and updates are available here.
Fed & Educated: Avoid Lawsuits, Attract Talent (March 17) – Postponed
Yoga in the City – Now Offered Virtually
Collaboratory for Downtown Innovation Startup Series – Rescheduled
- Our workshops associated with The Startup Series–a program of the Downtown San Diego Partnership’s Collaboratory for Downtown Innovation–powered by Startup San Diego and Mission Edge, have been rescheduled:
Until further notice, all DSDP meetings will be held virtually. You can find more information about the virtual DSDP committee meetings available to members by clicking here.
Clean & Safe Program:
- As of March 12, 2020, the DSDP Clean & Safe Program plans to continue providing baselines services. Any changes to those services will be noticed below.
- March 13, 2020 Message from Executive Director Alonso Vivas
Service provided by Clean & Safe as of March, 27, 2020:
- Trash can maintenance and trash pickup.
- Sidewalk sweeping and sanitation.
- Sidewalk mop detailing.
- Illegal dump removal.
- Graffiti and sticker removal.
- Dog bag station maintenance and replenishment.
- Regular sidewalk pressure washing.
- Added two overnight patrol vehicles.
- Added one day shift patrol vehicle.
- Safety Ambassador bike patrols across all six neighborhoods.
- No reduction of safety staff.
- Connecting unsheltered residents to educational materials, hygiene kits, and basic needs like food and water.
- Conducting outreach and placement into available shelter and programming.
- Family Reunification Program services as allowed by travel restrictions.
- Case management for connected clients.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention| COVID-19
- California Department of Public Health | COVID-19
- San Diego County | COVID-19
- 2-1-1 | COVID-19 Resources
- Map of Downtown Hand-Washing Stations
- Tell us what you need for your business to open safely | Take the Survey
- How has COVID-19 impacted your business and the economy? | Take the Survey
- Dunn DeSantis Walt & Kedrinck Legal Updates
- San Diego Workforce Partnership Resources for Workers
- San Diego Workforce Partnership Resources for Businesses
- San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Small Business Administration Disaster Assistance Loans
- California Employment Development Department
Click below for lists of restaurants and other retailers offering curbside pickup or to-go services curated by the following organizations:
Calls for donations: