FED&EDUCATED is a digital event series designed to provide education, resources, and networking opportunities. This program has been created to help businesses thrive, by engaging industry experts to share their knowledge and offer turnkey solutions to some of today’s most prevalent business challenges.
Topic: Realistic Steps for Building an Inclusive Workforce & Community
The Downtown San Diego Partnership and UC San Diego Extension welcome you to the first session of the Fed & Educated Series. The recent demands for social change and racial justice throughout the country have led many organizations and industries to look inward with renewed attention and focus. Many are wondering how they can create work environments, opportunities for leadership, and connections within their communities that will help be part of making change. Industry experts, local leaders and organizations that focus on diversity, equity and inclusion strategy and management training are being called upon to help provide guidance on how we can move forward together. Watch these regional experts to learn more about steps to create a more diverse and inclusive workplace culture and community.
- Inclusive Leadership Development Plan (ILDP)
- Use this free and customized Inclusive Leadership Development Plan to plot a roadmap for your organization’s future and ongoing leadership development efforts.
- Inclusion Virtual Coach App
- This application of the RevWork platform equips leaders with the ability to harness and develop the different strength each member of their team brings to the table.
- RISE San Diego Leadership Development Program
- RISE has created a program to identify and nurture rising leaders ready to engage in meaningful community change work. The program builds in fellows the confidence and suppleness that comes from self and structural awareness in conjunction with technical skills.
- Book List
- Leadership Without Easy Answers, by Ronald Heifetz
- Courageous Cultures: How to Build Teams of Micro-Innovators, Problem Solvers, and Customer Advocates, by Karin Hurt
THANK YOU TO OUR SPONSOR
About UC San Diego Extension:
UC San Diego serves the lifelong learning and skill development needs of individuals, organizations, and our global community. UC San Diego Extension offers year-round continuing and professional education to approximately 62,000 enrollees a year, which translates to about 25,000 students in nearly 4,300 courses delivered in-person, online, and 3D-virtual reality classrooms. Certificate and degree-related programs, community partnerships, public-service lectures, and special events meet rapidly evolving academic, career, and cultural needs. As an integral part of UC San Diego, UC San Diego Extension programs are developed with advisory boards and taught by working professionals who adhere to the same rigor and standard of excellence upheld by the University.
Learn more at https://extension.ucsd.edu