Fed & Educated
Permission Granted: An Unabashed Guide to Driving Your Career Into 2021
The Downtown San Diego Partnership and Intesa Communications invite you to pull up a chair to the digital table for this year’s final session of Fed & Educated. If the past year has given us anything, it’s an entirely new lens through which to view our priorities, our passions and how we spend (or wish we could spend) our time. Now it’s a matter of pairing that new perspective with action. Worried about whether or not you should still advocate for the future of your career among so much change? Or maybe how to start reimagining your personal brand to pursue that new job you’ve always dreamed about? Spend some time with our panel of experts for the permission you need to drive your career into the new year.
- We Rise We Defy: Transcending Borders, Transforming Lives
- San Diego State University’s strategic plan “We Rise We Defy: Transcending Borders, Transforming Lives” is designed to establish SDSU’s vision and mission for the next five years.
- National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Resources
- NACE is the leading source of information on the employment of the college-educated, and forecasts hiring and trends in the job market.
- Your essential guidebook, a community & a sense of refound purpose for relaunchers, employers, universities & associations.
- Fairygodboss offers a women’s career community, expert career advice, job openings and company reviews to help you advance your career.
- Oprah Winfrey on Career, Life and Leadership
- Oprah Winfrey shares seminal moments of her career journey and the importance of listening to your instincts. Jump to the clip shown during the session.
- High Performance Planner by Brendon Buchard
- The first-ever science-backed Planner for reaching high performance in all you do.
- Designing Your Life – Bill Burnett & Dave Evans
- A job-changing, outlook-changing, life-changing book that shows us how to transform our work lives and create our dream job, one that is engaged and meaningful, and helps us find happiness at work.
- High Performance Habits: How Extraordinary People Become That Way
- High performers have simply mastered—either on purpose or by accident through necessity—six habits that matter most in reaching and sustaining long-term success.
Angela Haning, SPHR
Human Resources Executive & Strategic Business Partner, Hyatt Hotels Corporation
James J. Tarbox, Ph.D.
Executive Director for Career Development & Services, San Diego State University
Founding Partner, Intesa Communications Group